Sunday, July 12, 2009

Silence is Golden, or is it?

Hello Everyone! (like there are more than two people who read this blog :) )

This morning I was sitting on the couch reading (me? reading? go figure! haha) and all I could hear was the quiet. No sounds emitting from the direction of the lump on a bed called Kristen (my little sister). No radio playing. Just the gentle hum of electronics and the whoosh of the fan. It was nice for a little while. Then the quiet got to me. Where was the conversation? the melody from a song? the general noise that people make when they move about in a house? or even the white noise of a TV being on? I missed conversation and the friendly noises of life. I can't imagine living alone with only me to break the silence. I would constantly have the radio and/or TV on for company. I always thought that I would be able to handle the silence, that growing up with 7+ people around me at all times would make me want to live alone. Now I know that it has gotten me used to people and the sounds they make. I fear I have been spoiled for the solitary life.

And now to conclude this blog, a picture I took in Japan last summer.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo I great. You have your grandpa's eye and mine. You have turned onto a beautiful woman. I would like to see you again. I have some apologizes to make.

    ReplyDelete