Friday, June 19, 2009

Vintage Fun


I am a vintage girl. True, I love all of the modern convinces of the 21st century (but hey, who doesn't!) Deep down inside I am a vintage girl at heart. I love vintage clothes (though there are not much in my size!), vintage furniture, vintage jewelry, vintage toys, vintage music and vintage movies. I listen to (regularly) Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and 40's-60's music. I own many records and have a collection of 8 Track tapes.



I have my grandmother's bowling ball and her typewriter from the 40's-50's that she took on secretarial jobs. I have been around a few girls that are planning weddings, this is making me consider my wedding, and I think I want to go vintage. I have been searching for vintage wedding dresses to see what options there are. And boy are there options.


I was browsing Google Images for vintage and found this cabinet. LOVE IT! I would definitely place this in my home.


My mom complains that I keep too many things. I collect too much stuff. I believe the phrase "pack rat" was used. However, I make this argument, there will not be many vintage things in the future if there is no one who collects them, I am simply helping our future love vintage.


This red dress is so gorgeous! I want it now, in my size (or the body to fit it, that would suit me better :) )

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, we are two peas in a pod!!!! Let's be vintage gal friends. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be awesome! Sometimes it is so hard to find other people into vintage!

    ReplyDelete